Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Outtakes

I am completely guilty of always wanting that perfect picture.  You know, the one where everyone is looking, smiling and we look like the perfect family.  It looks like I have the perfect kids.  They are always happy and always willing to smile and pose for a picture.  But what about the outtakes?  We all know sometimes they are hilarious, sometimes they are awkward and sometimes they show the true emotions of the kids-'I'm done!'  'I'm not going to smile!'  'Yes, I really am crying now.' 'Oh, look!  A bird!'
Last time Craig was home, we had family pictures taken.  I met our photographer at her studio and we got some cute shots of Finley.  Then we met up with Craig and the boys and headed out to our location.  Unfortunately our little man, Brody, was not in the mood.  Like at all.  It was cold, he was tired from a day at school and he was cold.  Trust me, he made it known to all of us.  But somehow, Lindsey was still able to capture our family all smiling and looking amazing.  She even got a single one of Brody smiling.  Trust me, I didn't think it was going to happen.  Due to the weather being cold, Brody being done and not wanting to have Finley out in the chilly fall air, we called the session.  We weren't able to get any sibling pictures.  I was a little bummed but the following week, MN had a nice warm up so I pulled out the outfits from our photo shoot and took the kiddos to a local park by myself.  My sister later met up with us and she snapped a few with their cousins.  They're super cute!  And I managed to get some fun ones of my kiddos together so I can now have a few options when it comes time to display our happy little family because you know...we always look that happy.  Kidding, kidding. 
It got me thinking though, what about all the outtakes?  Why don't we ever share them?  So, I decided I am going to.  We're not the perfect family by any means.  We are real.  My kids fight, they cry, they kick each other, they make a mess-I could keep going but I'll stop.  But in the end, I will always love them.  Even if we don't always manage to get that perfect picture.  So enjoy these outtakes because trust me, it is hard to capture that perfect picture.  All I can say is thank goodness for digital cameras!

 Looking classy, Hunter.
 I'm smiling but not looking at you.
 Chheeeeesssseeee!!  There's something really cool over there.
 PHOTOBOMB!
 Oh, look!  A pine needle.
 Just a little awkward...
 H: Is this what we're supposed to do?
F: Seriously, this is really not my idea of fun.
B: I'm smiling.  But there is no way I'm looking at you.
 Ok, this is just painful now...
 Hey, Brody!  That's a pretty sweet pine needle.
F: Don't mind my drool/spit up.
 H: Ok, I'm kinda smiling and holding my sister.
B: I'm smiling, but whatever is over in that direction is way cooler.
F: Really, mom?  This is lame.
 Uh, like this?  Cheeeeeeeese!
 You want them to smile?  I'll make them smile!
Yet, I love this picture!  Hunter being silly to make his cousin and brother laugh!
 Insert eye roll and a sigh of "I'm done!"
 So, we're supposed to look like we're happy and having fun?
Sometimes we are done and we want to throw up...literally.
 
Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment